Salty Dog Trouble Shooting
We’re sorry to hear that you’re having difficulty with your clippers. Rest assured we do everything we can to ensure our customers are happy with their clippers and offer a full 2 year warranty. 99% of the time with proper troubleshooting at home all issues can be rectified.
So we can help you better and decide what course of action to take, first thing to determine is:
-Is it a machine issue: does the machine make strange sounds, slow down, speed up, get hot etc?
-Is it a blade issue: Are the blades dragging, not cutting well, getting stuck in the fur, rattling?
- Watch the video below and ensure the blades are attached properly and removed properly- if they are not they can be noisy and get hot - if incorrectly attached or removed the white tongue in the head of the clipper can break or become bent.
- Ensure the blades are continuously well oiled during, after and before clipping- or they wont cut, and you can damage the machine.
- Ensure you have tested NOT using the attachment guide combs, as these can get stuck in some breeds fur. Try using the other blade in your kit.
- Ensure the screws on the face of the blade are not too loose or too tight (use a screw driver to adjust these and see if this makes a difference)
- The dog has to be washed, and extremely well combed before you even begin to attempt clipping, the fur must be bone dry
- If the blade mount was snapped closed onto the head of the clipper, you’ll need to use a screwdriver or knife to lift it again. Avoid snapping it closed in the future unless a blade is attached.
How to properly attach and release the blades:
- If the machine seems to be faulty, slowing down, getting fast, getting excessively hot quickly, making clunking noises, not turning on etc - then the machine may need to be repaired or replaced. You can download and print the repair form below if this is the case. The clippers will need to be posted to our repair agent in Australia at your own cost. Don't post the whole kit, just the clipper and blade. If you wrap in bubble wrap and use an Australia post satchel the cost will be limited to $8.50. Once the clipper is received by the repair agent the repair service is free. It should take about a week to repair the clipper and return it to you. If the clipper is not repairable you will receive a new replacement clipper for free.
So sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience and kind understanding. We strive to continuously improve our product and our main objective is to provide a great product for Aussie families. Please keep in touch and let us know how you go with the troubleshooting instructions above or if you decide to send the clipper in for repair.